Monday, April 2, 2012

Why is Noynoy apathetic?

Every single day I leave my house to work for my family. The monthly earnings I get doing marketing communications give my family the convenience they enjoy. However, lately, I see my monthly take insufficient to even feed my two twins.


This is unfortunate, and revelatory at the same time. Unfortunate because there is nothing you can do. You can't  ignore the cries of a hungry baby, can you? You just need to fork out that money. Nothing you can do. They can't feed on bananas. 


Revelatory because you think what will happen to them five or ten or twenty years from now? If now, things are skyrocketing and you really cannot do anything, what about them, what will happen to them?


Is the future so bleak that only darkness one sees in the future? If the people right now cannot seem to buy what they need to survive, then, what will happen? 


I shudder the thought of a hungrier world, while a few amass wealth, honor and dignity as a person. 


Hunger and poverty dehumanizes man. What will happen to my kids in the future? I just hope that I am still around when they graduate college. The thing is, will they ever, given the rising tuition fees and salaries remain as is?


If I am trying to make ends meet, how about those millions who walk along the streets of Manila, hungry and jobless? 


I shudder at the thought of a family required to earn 100,000 per month just to survive? I'm earning that much now, and still, unable to satisfy the requirements of my family.


I don't accept the explanation given by this government that they are helpless in doing something about rising oil, fuel, electricity, water and food stuffs? If they are helpless, what is now the reason for us, having a government? If government is helpless, then, it is useless. What do we do about it?


I know it's really a simple thing to explain these things. The reason why Noynoy is apathetic is the fact that he does not have a family to feed. He's a care-free guy who enjoys his wealth, his women and power. That explains why he cannot seem to understand why we demand him to work his ass off to solve these food problems.


Next time, do elect someone who understands the plight of the poor. 

No comments:

Post a Comment